MRI Results
We were able to find out the initial radiologist reading from the MRI on Wednesday afternoon. I'm glad we have a good relationship with the Neurosurgeon Nurse to be able to call her right away and have her check for us. The Radiologist reported that there is no change in the tumor from last year to this year, so that is good news. It helps us feel better after he's been acting kind of sick lately - we know it has nothing to do with the tumors changing. We would like to know what is causing the seizure activity that they have found, but for now - we'll try to not to worry about that. Joshua was sick throughout most of Wednesday & wasn't able to keep anything down, so he stayed home from school on Thursday. By early Thursday morning, he was feeling good & back to his chipper self, so we ran a few errands together. It's not too often that I get time with just him & I, so I kind of enjoyed that :) We got him all caught up on homework that he missed and he was able to be back to school on Friday. Whew! We felt the prayers of so many dear friends and that is what continues to make all of this so much easier.
Ice-Skating
Friday night was Whiteside Elementary night at the ice skating rink and Allison was so excited! She had been wanting to go for so long, but we've just never had a chance to take it - so, this was it! Since dad's back has been bothering him, it was up to mom to get her out on the ice. Oh boy! It's been over 12 years since I've ice-skated, so I was much more nervous about me than her. We did start off with the little walker to get her used to going out on the house, but by the end of the night, she was getting around with just holding my hand. That led to a few more falls, but she didn't seem to mind those. She is much more adventurous than I am, which I am so happy about! Dad & Joshua watched and Joshua enjoyed seeing kids from his school out on the ice.
A Family Road Trip to Springfield, IL
For the record (not that our family keeps these such records - but, if we did, this would have to go in them), Rhonda suggested the family make a day trip to Springfield to tour the Abraham Lincoln Museum. Since I am not usually a museum fan...and honestly, not a huge history fan...this was a big suggestion.
Allison had a basketball game to cheer at, so we left soon after that. The kids loving eating their packed lunches in the car on the way to Springfield and the drive up went great. The museum is really impressive and kept the kids attention throughout the day. They got a little scared during the interactive movies, especially when it felt like you were really in the war during "Lincoln's Eyes". The dress up part in Mrs. Lincoln's Attic kept them entertained for quite a while. We used stops there as incentives to keeping them going throughout the day. At the end of part of the museum, you walk through a room that looks like you are actually at President Lincoln's funeral. Upon entering and seeing it set up with flowers by the display, Allison asked, "should we have brought flowers". Her gift of hospitality carries over to other places, too.
We then ate at a restaurant in Springfield before heading home for the night. It was a great trip and one I'd do again when we have family in town.
Wow, Rhonda! I am in shock about you suggesting a museum!! You were such a persuasive writer about it that I just might suggest a museum for my family! I know you scored big points with Doug for that. Praying for your little guy, too!
ReplyDelete